Connect with us

Привет, что-то ищете?

The Times On Ru
  1. The Times On RU
  2. /
  3. Технологии
  4. /
  5. Steve Bannon pulled off YouTube and Twitter after calling for ..

Технологии

Steve Bannon pulled off YouTube and Twitter after calling for ‘heads on pikes’ like in Tudor England

The official account for Steve Bannon’s YouTube show was suspended from Twitter last night, after the far-right commentator said the heads of infectious disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci and FBI director Christopher Wray should be put on spikes. 

YouTube also deleted the episode from its site but the channel, Steve Bannon’s War Room which has 205,000 subscribers, remains available. 

The comments were made when Bannon, a former presidential advisor in the Trump administration, was discussing  what Trump should do if he was to return as President for a second term with co-host Jack Maxey.

He said: “I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England, I’d put the heads on pikes, right, I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats.”

🤔 pic.twitter.com/37uelqzzpg

— Jack Maxey (@JackMaxey1) November 5, 2020

Twitter said the account @warroompandemic was “permanently suspended” because it violated the platform’s rules on the glorification of violence. 

Permanent suspensions however are not always permanent and Bannon will have the right to appeal, according to the site’s rules. 

As well as removing the video which contained the spike comments, YouTube said the account had been issued "a strike". The company has a three-strike policy before an account is removed.

Social media companies are struggling to contain a rising tide of misinformation and calls to action as the vote counting continues and frustration mounts. On Thursday, Facebook shut down a huge pro-Trump group that also included threats of violence. 

The takedowns and warnings are something Trump supporters appear prepared for. Before Facebook deleted "Stop the Steal," organisers directed members to an email sign-up page "in the event that social media censors this group."

The group’s membership surged because seven prominent conservatives promoted it to their hundreds of thousands of followers, according to Renee DiResta, a researcher involved in the anti-misinformation Election Integrity Partnership.

Оставить комментарий

Leave a Reply

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *

Стоит Посмотреть


Стоит Посмотреть

Новости По Дате

Ноябрь 2020
Пн Вт Ср Чт Пт Сб Вс
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30  

Вам может быть интересно:

Технологии

Краткий пересказ от РИА ИИ Россия разработала линейку отечественных лазерных комплексов для борьбы с беспилотниками. Один из таких комплексов за месяц сбил почти 60 дронов...

Общество

Мощное землетрясение в Японии вызвало больше 150 повторных толчков Shatokhina Natalia/news.ru/Global Look Press В районе префектуры Кумамото на японском острове Кюсю после основного землетрясения...

Технологии

На НПП «Звезда» отпраздновали 100-летие Гая Северина: воспоминания коллег Космонавты Светлана Савицкая, Владимир Джанибеков, Федор Юрчихин, Александр Мисуркин, мастер высшего пилотажа Светлана Капанина… Все...

Бизнес

Поддержку курсу рубля оказал рост цен на нефть, произошедший на прошлой неделе на фоне эскалации конфликта на Ближнем Востоке. Если по итогам торгов понедельника...